A to Z Challenge: T is for Toronto (#AtoZChallenge)
Welcome to my April 2017 Great and Powerful 2017 Blogging from A to Z Challenge!
Today, T is for Toronto Street!
Here is a Google map showing where Toronto Street is located in James Bay.
What I could find out about Toronto Street:
Toronto Street, one of the older streets in James Bay, runs, diagonally, from Douglas at the park to Menzies Street. It’s kind of a shortcut for us if we are walking home from downtown, because it’s a diagonal walk.
“James Bay’s earliest subdivision streets were named after places in eastern North America that were familiar to the HBC officers: Superior, Huron, Michigan, Belleville, Niagara, Ontario, Kingston, Montreal, Toronto, Oswego, Erie and Quebec. ”
Today, it’s perhaps not the most interesting street in James Bay (it’s lost a lot of its older homes), but there are still some heritage houses on Toronto.
- 526 Toronto Street: http://www.victoriaheritagefoundation.ca/HReg/JamesB/Toronto526.html
- 588 Toronto Street: http://www.victoriaheritagefoundation.ca/HReg/JamesB/Toronto588.html
- 589 Toronto Street: http://www.victoriaheritagefoundation.ca/HReg/JamesB/Toronto589.html
- 601 Toronto Street: http://www.victoriaheritagefoundation.ca/HReg/JamesB/Toronto601.html
- 603 Toronto Street: http://www.victoriaheritagefoundation.ca/HReg/JamesB/Toronto603.html
- 609 Toronto Street: http://www.victoriaheritagefoundation.ca/HReg/JamesB/Toronto609.html
Also of interest, the Carriage House B&B is on Toronto Street (http://www.carriagehousebandb.ca/), just off Government Street. And the James Bay Inn (http://www.jamesbayinn.com/) is at the corner of Government and Toronto.
Here are some pictures I took of Toronto Street.
The Douglas Street end
The park and playground attached to SouthPark School
The way down to Government.
And now, here we are at Government.
The Carriage House B&B
And the James Bay Inn.
And the way towards Menzies.
The end of Toronto Street.
What else do you want to know about Toronto Street? Ask away, and I will see what I can find out for you!
Thanks for visiting letter T of my A to Z Challenge post of 2017. You can find more I posts at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/2017/04/atozchallenge-4-24-2017-letter-t.html. Stay tuned for U is for... tomorrow!!